- Snake was reportedly seen on a flight from Torreon to Mexico City
- Mobile phone footage shows the snake dropping from overhead lockers
- Passengers jumped out of their seats when they saw it dangling above
- According to reports, the plane was given priority landing in Mexico City
- Snake dealt with by animal control with no harm to passengers, says airline
Hollywood came to life in one of the worst possible ways for passengers flying to Mexico City when a snake dropped from an overhead baggage compartment and dangled over their heads.
This video, reportedly taken on an AeroMexico flight from Torreon to Mexico City on Sunday, shows a poisonous five-foot-long green viper hanging from the lockers directly above terrified passengers.
A man standing at the side appears to have jumped up from his seat in fear.
Indalecio Medina shared the video on Twitter with the comment: ‘The Viper flying…. A unique experience in the flight 231 from Aeromexico.
‘Priority in landing.’
He later added on social media: ‘I had to catch it with a blanket and obviously we gave it some magazines to read for a while.
‘The snake arrived alive and kicking, frightened but without having paid its airfare.
‘And best of all, priority when it came to landing and animal control experts waiting for the unexpected traveller.’
It has been reported that the flight had priority landing and the snake was dealt with by animal control.